Data Intake and Analytical Platform
Data Integrity Challenge
A large private equity firm wanted to improve its strategic reporting and data analytics capability. However, there were issues with the integrity and quality of the data in its reporting platform. The platform played a central role in key business activities such as investment management, fund monitoring and external communications. The firm had a data warehouse and a range of Business Intelligence and reporting tools. But the data sourced from it was not fully trusted nor was it easily understood and used.
DataArt conducted a thorough analysis of the data management and reporting architecture. It identified many issues, including multiple, slightly different, versions of key calculations.
Based on this, DataArt methodically evolved the data warehouse and reporting platform towards a service-oriented, metadata driven, layered design. It implemented data governance processes to define the responsibility for various data elements and establish solid data lineage. It also introduced metadata analytics that identified data usage patterns.
- Significantly lower time required for data discovery and integration.
- Dramatically Increased the business’ trust in the data.
- More robust and consistent data governance.
- Enabled traceable data lineage and comprehensive data usage analytics.
- Platform ready for use by other departments in firm.